So with the weather now below 10 degrees C regularly, I'd like to announce that it is officially winter. That's right folks, you heard it here first.
However this year (unlike those in years past) I'm not entirely unhappy about this. in fact I have been quite looking forward to winter for a few reasons, and as it's rolled in notice a few others that indicate that it's on the up side of "not all that bad". Although these aren't the typical reasons people like this time of year.
Most people keep saying "I love this time of year, it's so crisp and brisk and blah-dy blah-dy blah blah blah". To this I say "Meh, it's cold, brisk my skinny white ass".
My reasons are more along the lines of
- Boots; as in "Girls in"
- It's not sunny or warm as much, so less "Cheeky quick ones" on the river in the sun after work; as in "Beers". I might actually get a bit healthier this winter.
- Stockings; as in "Girls in". See also (and combine with) point 1
- Snowboarding. Winter means the snow is coming, or damn well better come. And I'm going Dec 27, Jan 31,, and Mar 3rd. Assuming I don't break any limbs this time, it will be great. New Years on the slopes? Awesome
- Fishnets; as in "Girls in". See also (and combine with) points 1 & 3.
- Less guilt. As in sitting in my flat doing shit online, on beautiful hot sunny days, and feeling I should be doing something more, outside, like with people. Now I can do indoor stuff, guilt free.
- My flat not going up to 40 degrees, being South facing with a lot of glass.
- More movies (I do love the movies) and not having friends cancel on me because "It's such a nice day, we're going to have a romantic picnic in the park". Bah humbug.
- My first ebay end of year party. It's a cowboy theme. It will be amsuing
- The Chrismaku blog meet. The end of year blog meets rock, and if loads of people go I'll quite enjoy it.
- Did I mention the boots?