When you are a bit of an insomniac, and when you have been averaging under 5 hours a night, and when you have been getting to sleep just shy of 3am, it's actually a very bad idea to fall asleep at 8:30pm. Because then you wake up 5am much to annoyance of any girls lying next to you.
Having a full two and a half hours to lie awake staring into the murky darkness gives you times to contemplate things like
- The rain falling gently is quite peaceful and relaxing. Well it would be if that alarm in the distant just loud enough to be really annoying stopped.
- Why is that car in the street just sitting there with it's lights on and engine idling?
- Why is that car in the street now hooting and driving off?
- Why is that car coming back every 15 minutes and hooting again?
- Why doesn't someone throw a brick at that car?
- Why can't I just think something and have it automatically blogged? Digital age my ass!
This all went on amongst other boring thoughts about laptops and work and stuff to do till 7:30am when my alarm went off and I promptly fell asleep till 9am and was late for work. The irony (and please do knock me down if this is the wrong use of irony, as I know you will) is amusing.