I have the 'luxury' of having a TV on my desk at work as I need it for the testing I am doing (no really I do). However the feed we get is from a lab so I only actually have a few channels. I tend to leave it tuned to Sky News 24, BBC One, MTV. These are my conclusions from watching daytime telly.
- Day time adverts are suck. 95% of them are about old people or people in debt. Or old people in debt. Most of them have some scam that makes you think its ok to give your house away to get some cheap cash. Featuring some guy that's makes a second hand car salesman look reputable.
- 24 hour news is more like half and hours worth of news that they repeat a hell of a lot.
- Breaking news is 2 mins worth of news that happened 2 mins ago. This gets repeated until their is about 5 mins worth of news. This then becomes part of the 24 hour news
- Big stories can be made bigger by interviewing anyone. And I mean literally anyone. People in the street and retired people in related industries to the news stories are favorites but it does appear they would interview someone's dog if it could string a decent set of woofs together when the camera gets pointed at it,
- MTV sucks worse during the day. They play the same shite over and over and over and over again making you want to kill yourself. Unless its a good song which means you just stop liking a good song. Then you want to kill yourself.
- MTV's presenters are stale. Even the good ones like Cat Deeley. The XFM DJ's [Ian / Sturge / Zane] (who are on in the evenings) are much better. And Sturge who probably isn't as attractive as Cat in terms of raw looks I find far sexier. She has a great voice.
- MTV plays far too much R&B (also know as crap rubbish) during the day.
- The cross over to America MTV in the afternoon normally features loads of really attractive babes. Sometimes in bikinis. We like bikinis. They screech and scream a lot. Do all Americans girls screech that much or is just when they are on camera? And America MTV plays more shite music than UK MTV but its a fine line
- BBC One features in the morning, British Talk shows. British talk shows are the worst. At least Jerry Springer can be mildly entertaining. British talk shows are always boring. They have dumb topics (I Don't Get On With My Twin) and boring idiotic people. But then what do you except for something that's on at mid morning instead of late night. At least Jenni Jones has shows were breasts augmentation issues are discussed. This is what talk shows should be about. Kilroy and Trisha are so bad they don't even have website on the BBC page. The Americans know how to do talk shows from every end of the scale. The Brits do not.
- BBC One also features Kids TV. Tweenies, Tellytubbies and anything else in that category is evil as far as I can tell. If I have kids they can watch the fish tank, or go outside. They are not watching things like the tweenies. Tweenies says to me "expensive therapy" when you are older. What happened to quality kids programming like Thunderbirds and
RoboTech. Now that's real TV.
- The world is falling apart with 10 year old girls being murdered, rapes, floods, robberies, and beatings and a whole host of things which just shows that their are too many sick fucks out there.
- That's about it. 12 hours a day in front of a laptop, the internet and a TV is too much. I can't take it. I am suffering from sensory overload.